What is content strategy?
Long-form blogs posts, product reviews, videos, ‘How to’ guides… How should you spend your marketing budget to get the best return on investment? Whether you’re just starting out or need a change of direction, I’ll make sure your pages are up-to-date, innovative and engaging for your customers at every stage of their buying journey.
Define your page stucture
- Ensure every page has a unique purpose and plays a part in converting your customers.
- Organize your content so every stage of the user journey is logical and clear.
- Discover pages to be consolidated because of overlapping content.
Improve user experience
- Check for broken links that interrupt the user journey and cause the customer to leave your site.
- Make key information easy to access without too many clicks.
- Break up text with headlines and images that are easy on the eye and easy for the brain to process.
Make your content more efficient
- Repurpose existing content to make sure that it remains fresh and relevant to your business.
- Remove out-of-date content that detracts from your brand’s message.
- Locate any gaps in your content at different stages of your sales funnel.
- Catalogue keywords, word counts and images and compare them to your current page rankings.
- Identify ways to improve your website’s organic search performance.
- Pinpoint which content performs best and generate ideas for the future.
Why do I need a content plan?
People are quick to abandon websites that are hard to read and navigate. If you’re not putting the customer at the heart of everything you do, answering their questions and providing them with information they need to make a buying decision, you’re missing a huge opportunity. Having a content plan will help focus your efforts, save you time and make your business more successful.
As a small business, it’s easy to ignore things like content audits and strategy. Nicola helped us understand which pages weren’t working as well as they could be. It was a surprisingly simple procedure that’s been very effective for improving our content marketing strategy.
How it works
Working with me is straightforward and simple. Here’s what we do:
Establish your goals
I’ll work with you to define your website goals and establish what we can achieve within your budget.
Analyse your content
We’ll look at what your customers need and decide which type of content will be most effective.
Make a plan
I’ll create a simple framework to help focus your efforts and improve your content strategy.
Who is it for?
This service is ideal for small companies who need to maximise their marketing budget. Perhaps your website isn’t generating enough organic traffic, or maybe your customers are navigating away from your site before they reach your sales pages. Even if your budget doesn’t extend to a full content refresh, there are still things you can do to help improve its performance.
What is a content audit?
A content audit will establish what’s working and what isn’t. Once it’s done you’ll feel more confident, organised and in control of your content decisions. This could be as simple as optimising your pages by removing old content and fixing broken links. Or maybe it’s a case of looking at your entire website from a customer perspective. Giving your website a ‘spring clean’ makes it easier to maintain, easier for customers to navigate and easier for search engines to find.
Help! I don't know where to start.
Let’s start with a conversation. First we’ll establish what you want to achieve, then we’ll look at how a content audit and strategy might help. It might sound daunting but really it’s just a way to make your website more relevant, effective and engaging.
How long does a content audit take?
That really is an open-ended question. It depends how many pages you want to analyse and how many metrics you want to measure. A very basic content audit could take as little as 15 minutes but in-depth analysis takes much longer. I’ll be able to let you know more after our initial conversation.
What should I do next?
Don’t know where to start? Fill out the form and let’s have a chat to see if I can offer what you’re after.