What is content strategy?
Blog posts, product reviews, social content, sales pages… How should you spend your marketing budget to get the best return on investment? My in-depth content audit is designed to give you a thorough understanding of what’s working, what’s missing and where there’s potential for getting better results, with strategic direction to inform your future content planning.
Define your page stucture
- Ensure every page has a unique purpose and plays a part in converting your customers.
- Organize your content so every stage of the user journey is logical and clear.
- Discover pages to be consolidated because of overlapping content.
Improve user experience
- Check for broken links that interrupt the user journey and cause the customer to leave your site.
- Make key information easy to access without too many clicks.
- Break up text with headlines and images that are easy on the eye and easy for the brain to process.
Make your content more efficient
- Repurpose existing content to make sure that it remains fresh and relevant to your business.
- Remove out-of-date content that detracts from your brand’s message.
- Locate any gaps in your content at different stages of your sales funnel.
- Catalogue keywords, word counts and images and compare them to your current page rankings.
- Identify ways to improve your website’s organic search performance.
- Pinpoint which content performs best and generate ideas for the future.
Why do I need a content audit?
Customers are quick to abandon websites that are hard to read and navigate. If you’re not doing a regular content audit, how do you know what’s working and what isn’t? It might seem laborious, but looking at your analytics will ultimately save you time and make your business more successful. I’ll work with you to find out your goals and make a simple plan to improve your website’s performance.
As a small business, it’s easy to ignore things like analytics and content audits. Nicola helped us to analyse our metrics and understand which pages weren’t working as well as they should. It was a surprisingly simple procedure that’s been very effective for improving our content marketing strategy.
How it works
Working with me is straightforward and simple. Here’s what we do:
Establish your goals
Analyse your content
Make a plan
Who is it for?
This service is ideal for small companies who need help with basic analytics. Perhaps your your website isn’t generating the results you need, or you’re not getting as many sales and conversions as you should. Maybe your website is a little dated and could do with a content refresh. Even if your budget doesn’t extend to a full redesign, there are still things you can do to help it perform as well as possible.
Do I really need a content audit?
Help! I don't know where to start.
How long does a content audit take?
What should I do next?
Don’t know where to start? Fill out the form and let’s have a chat to see if I can offer what you’re after.